We aim to become a close partner for our portfolio companies and provide a joint package of financing and in-kind technical support to help businesses transition to sustainable sourcing and other related operations. Specifically:
- The Meloy Fund offers debt and equity financing tailored to the investee’s needs.
- Additionally, we may also provide technical assistance to support business growth, including financial management, corporate governance, operations, marketing, and sustainable seafood best practices.
Criteria for Portfolio Companies
- Commercially viable businesses with high growth opportunities, and which recognize the value of sustainability as a business necessity as well as a corporate responsibility.
- Strong management team with a successful history starting and/or managing companies.
- Businesses that directly benefit, or have the potential to benefit 500-2,000 coastal fishers, with the potential to increase and scale over the period of the investment.
- Opportunity to positively affect the fisheries in which it operates.